The last 2 mornings after one of my brothers has left for school and my other two brothers are all ready for school. We have been doing reading time until it is time for them to go to school. It has been really awesome for me. We all get a book and go in the Living Room and sit or lay on the couches and read for 30-60 minutes depending on when they are ready. It's been really nice actually getting an opportunity to read. Between school and work I have very little time to read (despite my at least once weekly trips to the library). If I could I'd just lay around and read books all day and all night long (at least until I was losing the battle to keep my eyes open). Though school is very important to me and I need to stay on top of it especially since I am mostly doing online classes. It is very easy to just blow off doing homework like I did yesterday. Though I have worked on homework everyday this week. Today I need to work on math since that assignment is due tonight at 5:30 pm (when I have my class, my only class that isn't an online class and even if it was offered online I'd rather not take it online due to the fact that it is a math class which has always been a harder subject for me).
Well it is time for me to go upstairs and have breakfast and work on having the kids get ready for school so we can have a nice quiet reading time. My mom is going to spend the day with my grandpa (her dad) again today due to his back surgery he had last week and the hospital requesting a family member be with him all the time because he has been having mental issues and not even knowing who my mom is and when they hospital staff tries to give him his pills he refuses or spits them out. Though my mom and aunt can get him to take them even if he doesn't know who they are. My mom has been there every day this week and I'm glad I have been able to help her out by getting the kids off to school and being here when they get home.
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment