So I turned 30 yesterday. Now I am officially getting old. I arrived at my parents a little after 8 am and my mom made me an egg sandwich. We went and dropped sister off at her violin lessons and went and picked up my aunt to go to a Plant Show. I got some cool plants and despite the fact that we all got soaked because of all the rain, it was a great time. We brought my brother to work and went and got a little to eat at Bajio's. We only got a little because we were going out to eat in Logan at 2 pm and we didn't want to get full but still needed a little something. After that we headed to Bountiful to drop Sherry off and then went home (my parents) to get Amy. After unloading the car and getting Amy we drove to Logan. We listened to the Annie soundtrack there and back.
We dropped Amy off at Becky's and went out to eat at The Bluebird. Grandma met us there. They were only doing a buffet style meal as it was graduation day for USU. It was great because we got to try a bunch of things. Plus whatever we wanted to drink was included in the price of the buffet. Grandma talked about how she wanted an Iron Port Cherry so of course we all had to try one. Its funny cause it kind of sounds like an alcoholic beverage but rest assured it is not. I'm not sure what was my favorite thing I ate there but I think the favorite was my drink and the cheesecake was awesome!
We went to King's because my mom wanted to buy some flowers for her mother's grave. I found some new wood perches for my bird and some crochet stuff there. Grandma went home and we went in search of some Plaster of Paris so my mom could ensure the flowers would stay in the pots she bought. We went to Sam's Club (Becky just got a membership there and wanted to go again). I am glad we went because I used money I had received for my birthday and bought The Complete Anne of Green Gables on DVD. =0) Becky also bought me a book that my mom has heard great things about it. I can't remember the title but I am excited to start reading it. At Sam's Club we all walked up to a van that we thought was my mom's but turns out it wasn't my mom was trying to unlock the back to put stuff in when I noticed that wasn't her license plate number. It was quite funny and apparently there was a child in the car. I'm sure he had a fun story for his parents when they came back to the car.
We went to Grandma's and my mom prepared the flower pots. We got some more plants from Grandma. Then we went to the place where my other Grandma is buried and replaced the flowers my mom had put there previously. After that we brought Becky. The time she spent with us was the longest she had been away from Dylan since he was born. I got to hold Dylan for quite a while, which was quite nice.
We went home and of course we got in the car and Amy said she was hungry so we stopped at Burger King as we were leaving and they took forever and a day to get us our food and they weren't very nice to each other. However, the food was good.
We stopped at Walmart in Brigham City because my mom had some grocery shopping she needed to do for my birthday dinner. They didn't have one thing that we needed so we had to make a stop at Smith's as we got closer to home(my parents again). For the rest of the drive I played Skip-Bo on my Nintendo DS and we listened to Annie. Amy fell asleep when we were pretty much home.
When we got home I gathered up some things and left to go to my home. It was a little after 10 pm. I went home got ready for bed and played my DS some more and got on the computer to look at my facebook. I was beyond tired when I looked at facebook and didn't stay on for long and went to sleep.
It was a great day! =0)
Today was nice because I didn't have church until 2 pm today because it was Stake Conference. It was really good. I came to my parents after and we had shrimp salad. It was awesome. We had cake and ice cream for dessert. The cake was my favorite part. You bake the cake and poke holes in it and pour Bacardi Pina Colada (frozen drink found by frozen orange juice) on top and then use cool whip as the frosting. It was very good.
1 comment:
That's funny that Amy said she was hungry! Chris said she ate a hot dog when she got to our house and then they ate dinner too! Oh well :) Glad you had a fun day!
Post a Comment