So this is probably the longest I have gone in between posts so I decided it was about time to post a little update.
My brother has been staying at my house these last couple of weeks and this morning my alarm went off at 7 am (because I have a meeting to go to this morning at 9 and I need to make sure my brother and I have enough time to get ready). I almost freaked out because my first thought it was a school day and we needed to leave to go to my parents house in 10 minutes and I couldn't believe I hadn't set my alarm for earlier. I was much relieved when I realized it was Sunday and we wouldn't have to rush out the door.
So yesterday I figured out the jobs that he would be responsible for while he is staying here. It went quite well yesterday. I printed up a list and put it on the fridge. On Saturdays I want him to get all of his responsibilities done and then the rest of the day is a free day and he can read, watch movies, or play video games.
As for me, I am enjoying having him here. It is nice to have someone here to open and close the gate (trust me the gate is more annoying than a garage door and I can't wait until March 1st when I can park on the street again.) and help out with other things. While I actually like having my car parked behind the gate sometimes I would prefer to park on the street because it is much easier and I don't have to deal with the gate. I think it has helped me to be more productive.
Today I have a meeting at 9 am and church is at 11 am. I told my brother he could read his scriptures or read a book that I have on my church book shelf during the meeting. I don't think he is very thrilled about going but I'm not leaving him here and coming back to get him after my meeting.
I need to figure out a meal plan and do some grocery shopping though that won't be happening until my next check or whenever I get my taxes. I can do the planning of course. I also need to figure out my schedule and start exercising again so that I have a good chance of winning the Biggest Loser challenge I am participating in with my mom and sister. We are doing it for 3 months. This last weigh-in I had the highest percentage of weight loss, which was awesome. Weigh-in days are every 2 weeks. I don't see how I can do as well this time around unless I exercise this week. I didn't exercise at all last week.
So today I am going to that meeting and then attending church. Afterwards going to my parents house and spending some time there. I am going to read some scriptures this morning and then go down and shower and get my brother up afterwards so he can shower.
Hope you all have a great day!
1 comment:
Good to hear from you again!!!!
Good luck with the biggest loser challenge!!! You go girl!
Post a Comment