Monday, April 13, 2009

Garden Step by Step

First we laid down newspapers and got them all wet.

Next we put down some steer manure.

Then we sprinkled on some bone meal.

Next the straw.

Then the potting soil.

Then more steer manure.

Next step plant seeds

Seeds have now been planted

Broccoli, lettuces, spinach, onions, and others in this section. Check out my thumb! =0)

Closer view of my garden sign.

Snap pea section

I am excited to see how things turn out. This is my first garden and I am very excited to grow my own food. I plan to post pictures as my garden progresses. Even though my dad says it looks like I am going to raise the undead, I think everything will turn out great! =0)

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Oh! I love it, I can't wait to see the progress. Nothing makes me happier then playing in the dirt! Ok maybe planting flowers makes me happiers!