Friday, April 5, 2013

Book Reading! Yay!

As part of my endeavor this year to spend my time more productively. I have made a goal to read 104 books by the end of this year. While I do love reading, I have let other things distract me from reading.

According to Goodreads, at my current rate of reading I am 15 books behind. In an effort to get that changed I finished reading a book called "I Hunt Killers" by Barry Lyga. I liked this book. The basic premise of the book is about a boy that's father is a serial killer that finally got caught after committing numerous murders. This boy's father taught him the secrets and tricks to serial killing. So this boy is able to see murders from the eyes of the killer as opposed to a cop's view. He helps (though the cops didn't want his help at first) the cops try to find out who this serial killer is. I don't want to give anything away so I won't go into further details. I liked this read and I am looking forward to seeing what happens in the sequel "The Game".

The very same day that I finished "I Hunt Killers", I began reading "Entwined" by Heather Dixon. This is a book about a family of 12 princesses, obviously their father is the king. Their castle has some magical aspects, including a tea set and some hidden rooms. I am looking forward to seeing whom Azalea (the oldest princess) chooses to marry.

I have also been reading "Team of Rivals". This is a book about Abraham Lincoln. I find it to be intriguing. Though it has been taking me quite sometime to read it as it is over 700 pages and I keep letting myself get distracted by other books. My goal is to have it completed by the end of next week so perhaps I should hold of on "Entwined" for the time being or hurry and finish it and not start another book until I finish "Team of Rivals"

The next book I will be reading is by Stephen King called "11/22/63". This is one of my friend's favorite novels by Stephen King. I read the prologue and I may not be able to put it down once I get started. So I definitely better finish reading "Team of Rivals" before I start this one. 


No comments: