I am the kind of person that if I could make a living off of reading books I totally would do it. I am sure there is a way, I just haven't figured it out yet.
As some of you may or may not know. I bought at least 24 books at Salt Lake's FanX in April. Since then I have bought more books and I have more books I want to buy. One of them doesn't come out until October so I have decided to hold off for a bit on ordering that one.
Above is a picture of the books I purchased and/or had signed at FanX. The Doctor Who book is the only one not signed.
Today the author of Insomnia mentioned on Facebook that her next book is available for preorder on Amazon for the lowest price it will be for at least a year after the book is released. So, despite the fact that I haven't read Insomnia yet I preordered the next book. In order to qualify for free shipping, you have to order a minimum amount. So, I ordered 4 more books in addition to Paranoia. I ordered one by Johnny Worthen (which is also a preorder, he is an other I saw at FanX but his books weren't available to buy there) and the first 3 books in The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I have started reading the first book and I am really enjoying it, but I am putting it on hold since I ordered it and will resume reading it at that time. That will give me time to read more of the books pictured above.
Being friends with authors on Facebook is the coolest thing ever! I absolutely love it! The best is when you randomly see one of them where you work and you take the opportunity to say Hi and realize you probably should read his book so if he asks what you think of his book you don't have to tell him you haven't read it yet.




No comments:
Post a Comment