Friday, November 7, 2008

Fake Cafe Rio Pork Salad

I got this recipe off of Trisha's Blog. I thought this would be a recipe worth a try. At work, we have what we call Cafe Rio Wednesday. Cafe Rio's Wednesday special is a chicken tostada but they let us switch it for the pork. We don't have it every Wednesday but most Wednesdays.


Pork Roast
2 liter bottle of Coke (not diet)

Place the pork in crock pot, cover with coke.
Cook on high for about 8 hours. Drain off coke. Place pork back in
crock pot and shred, still set on high.
Add to that 1 large can green enchilada sauce and 2 Cups of dark brown sugar.
I also add 1/2 Cup molasses. Cover and let sit for about 10 minutes.
Stir and shred a little more.

1 package of tostada shells (or flour tortillas--its a Cafe Rio Wednesday thing)
romaine lettuce, washed and shredded
monterey jack cheese, shredded
rice and beans of your choice, heated
salsa and sour cream

I like to make a salad from the pork. I place the lettuce on the bottom
then add rice and beans, pork and some crumbled tostada shell.
Top with salsa, cheese and sour cream.


I am looking for a recipe for the house dressing but haven't had any luck yet. I will add it on later.

Today I work until 4 and then I will work on homework. I want to be all done with homework so I can work on family history, read books, and watch tv tomorrow and not have to worry about homework. I do have a primary lesson to prepare as well.

Have a great day!

No comments: