Wednesday, July 16, 2008

=0)

Even though I didn't get to go and spend time with my family at Bear Lake. I have realized over the last couple weeks how much everybody is so loved and cared for. It has been so great to be around my family. The circumstances weren't the best but I loved being around everybody and getting to see them all again. My grandpa's funeral was really good even though while I was singing with some of my cousins I looked down and saw one of my cousins who had already sung with the younger group of cousins crying and I started to cry as well and then couldn't finish singing the song.

The hardest part of everything was leaving the hospital and knowing I wouldn't be going back there to see my grandpa, even though he wasn't able to communicate with me when I visited him it was hard to leave him there even though he wasn't really there just his body was there. Anytime we left him it was hard even though I knew he wasn't really there it still was difficult.

I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge we are given that we will see our loved ones again on the other side. I don't know if I could be coping as well as I am without the knowledge. I think we all would be complete basket cases without that knowledge.

I remember when I was having a hard time finding a job and my grandparents were missionaries for the church employment services. My grandpa was very helpful in helping me gain more confidence in searching for a job and giving me good information how to find a job. I remember emailing him copies of resumes I made to have him give me ideas of what to improve on and what not. I just realized today that I won't be able to do that anymore.


My grandpa sang this song all the time. I remember it mostly from when I was younger. About 20 minutes or so before he passed away my grandma sang it to him.

4 comments:

Becca Wecca2 said...

I remember that song! Do you remember the one about two frogs on a log??

Girl with a Magical Name said...

Was it something like this?

Three green and speckled frogs
Sitting on a speckled log
Eating the most delicious bugs
Yum! Yum!

One jumped into the pool
Where it was nice and cool
Now there were two green speckled frogs
Glub! Glub!

Repeat song with two frogs, then one frog.

Becca Wecca2 said...

ummmm...no I don't think it was that one. But, that one is fun.

Here is part of what I think I remember. (it is the end of the song.

But they wouldn't come out
in fear of the dog

and the dog said," *Growling Sound*
*this is when grandpa would make growling sounds and tickle you*"

does that sound familiar at all?

Girl with a Magical Name said...

Dad said it's a queer little frog

I'm not sure exactly how it goes but something like this.

Queer Little Frog who hid under a log
Wouldn't come out for fear of the dog
And the dog said (growling sound).

I had forgotten about this until I heard the for fear of the dog part you reminded me of.

I can hear grandpa saying it and picture him when I think about it.