Monday, July 7, 2008

Bad News and then Work

So we had a meeting with the doctor today and he pretty much said we have to decide if we should keep grandpa on the ventilator or let nature take it's course. I know that whatever happens is what Heavenly Father wants to have happen and is the best decision. If we lose grandpa at this time (which seems quite likely) it will be hard but I know that whatever happens is for the best and that there are people on the other side that will welcome grandpa with open arms and that they will be really happy to see them. We will miss him and it will be sad to have him leave this life but I know that we will see him again and that Heavenly Father will and has been watching over our family and letting us know how much we our loved. It has been so nice to be around family at this time and there is nothing more important than family and choosing the right and living the best so we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. We will all miss Grandpa if he doesn't wake up but Heavenly Father knows what is best and I have felt through out this whole thing that I have no clue what is going to happen with Grandpa but whatever happens everything will be okay.

After being at the hospital most of the day I went to work at 4 pm. It was kind of strange at first because I wanted to be at the hospital instead of there. Though I know I needed to go to work today. I am glad to have the day off tomorrow as well. In the morning I will be bringing my siblings to Sherry's house and going to their doctor's office to get prescriptions and bringing them to be filled at a pharmacy in Bountiful probably Smith's even though I have no clue where that is but I will find out and then I have an eye doctor appointment at 11 a.m. Maybe I can get up early enough to get all that taken care of and still be able to make it to my eye doctor appointment in Ogden and then I could just go to the hospital afterwards. My mom and I are going to figure everything out in the morning. Though it seems as though my sister is asleep now so I might go upstairs and see if we can figure it out now.

So life is kind of a downer right now but it has been so nice to be around family especially those that I haven't seen in a long time. It is a sad situation to get to see everybody but even though my grandpa isn't doing well physically there have been some nice moments together as a family even though grandpa hasn't been able to be there with us at least physically. I don't understand the spiritual plane and he may have been able to be around us spiritually. I have just felt so much love and peace over the last few days especially when I am at the hospital with my family and I know that has helped us get through everything so far and continue to help us get through whatever else comes.

I really need to call it a night and get some rest. I hope you all have a good day and I will most likely write more tomorrow.

No comments: