So yesterday I go into work and the phone is ringing. I answer it and it is one of the employees who is suppose to come in and work that morning. She had a migraine and would came in as soon as it went away. She came in two and a half hours later. Needless to say that just left me and the pharmacist to work on a Friday morning. We were quite busy with the phones ringing, and the prescriptions to be filled piling up, trying to fill those prescriptions, and helping patients at the drive thru and the front counters (which both have two areas a drop off and a pickup). So pretty much we are doing the job of at least 5 people with 2 people. So it was crazy. Luckily the script-pro guy was there and was able to help somewhat at least with things regarding the robot portion of the machine and pulling out medications. He wasn't able to fill prescriptions or anything like that though. I think they should hire some people that are technicians so they could help in those situations. I don't know how that would work because you have to be nationally certified and state certified and these people travel to many different states, so that probably wouldn't work out so well. While on the subject of the script-pro guy. I don't know if I still have my interest for him or not because of yesterday being crazy. I don't know that I even got a chance to say to him, let alone so goodbye when he left in the afternoon sometime. All I know is he was there one moment and then he was gone. I believe this was his last visit to the pharmacy. So I'll probably never see him again. Though you never know. That's probably why I decided I was interested in him because he was a safe bet because he wouldn't be around very long. I think I do that sometimes and let myself be interested in somebody who I know nothing will happen with. Which is quite strange I know. Well I best start getting ready for work hopefully things won't be as crazy today, though I am sure speaking those words has just jinxed the pharmacy for today. My bad.
I will just leave you with some mood music to go along with one of my main themes of this blog entry.
No comments:
Post a Comment