Sunday, March 9, 2008

A few conclusions

So I've come to a few conclusions....

1. I post so many videos and other "fun" things to my blog because if anybody is actually reading this I am too scared to share what is going on and how I feel about it. Either that or my life is so incredibly boring and nothing too exciting ever happens so I am creating my entertainment on my blog.

2. Most likely nobody reads my blog so I could post all my deepest, darkest secrets on here and nobody would know about them because nobody reads my blog. Of course I would never do such a thing based on some miracle that somebody actually reads my blog. Not that I really have deep, dark secrets maybe some semi-regrets though.

3. My only real social life or lack there of is either on facebook or at work. Since I am no longer attending the branch and am going to my parents ward now (today will be my third Sunday as a member of my parent's ward) I have yet to develop a "social life" there not that a had much of one at the branch. Though there were some people that were friendly and I enjoyed seeing but it was only a Sunday relationship.

So as I sit here sipping my Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Chocolate, I have determined to actually post words instead of an overabundance of videos no matter how entertaining they may have been. Of course if I have a song I am absolutely loving at the moment or a video that I really enjoy I will post them here for your enjoyment but it won't be all I will be posting.

Work has become a lot more pleasant recently. We got our remodel, which we were all excited about and right after we were so busy that everybody was stressed to the max and didn't get a chance to sit down and eat or anything. At that point we didn't particularly like the remodel. Though the main issue was we also got a new system in at the same time. So we have patients lined up inside and at the drive through, phones ringing off the hook, trying to learn a new system, and not having enough staff to get prescriptions filled. So pretty much a patient would come to pick up there prescription and we would have to go back and get it ready and have the pharmacist check it and the poor pharmacist has 3 or 4 people on the phone waiting to talk to them, has a patient in the drive through that has a question about a medication, and on top of it all no prescriptions can go out without the pharmacist checking it. Luckily working in a grocery store pharmacy has its perks (like the pharmacist going out and getting chocolate for us to eat while filling prescriptions etc.) I'm sure everybody in the pharmacy wanted to quit. It doesn't really help when the pharmacy manager overreacts and yells at everybody. Luckily I was only there for one of those pleasant experiences and I was very tempted to walk out. Things are much better and calmer now. We are getting familiar with the system and things are slowing down. We are still quite busy throughout the day but things are generally not as stressful as they were for the first month after the remodel.

School is going well. I did drop a class (Music of World Cultures) due to the fact that I missed the first exam and didn't see any possible way I could attend 4 performances throughout the semester with things being so crazy at work and me trying to stay caught up with homework. When the last thing I wanted to do before or after work was work on homework because I was so stressed out from work. I worked on homework anyway because I want to do a good job. I still have a chemistry assignment and quiz to complete (I can take the quiz through Tuesday), a math assignment I'd like to complete before I officially consider myself on spring break, and I'd like to do an english assignment as well even though it's not due until the 19th of March. I'm not really planning anything exciting for spring break. I plan to get my room clean and have my brother (who lost a library book that I am going to pay for) bring my boxes of stuff from out in the shed down to my room so I can go through them. My goal is to get rid of over half of my stuff that's out in the shed but first I need to finish working on my room.

I also want to do fun things with each of my siblings that they want to do. I probably have high hopes for 1 week off of school. Though if I don't get through the boxes this week that's okay cause I can have my brother help me with that in the summer. The most important things I want to do is get my room clean and do fun things with my siblings. I also want to get back in the habit of going to Curves, prepare my primary lesson, watch my stack of movies, watch my tv show recordings, and read lots of library books. We will see what I actually get accomplished this week. I am looking forward to the challenge. I may take some additional shifts at work if they are still available. I was going to look at that yesterday but had many other projects I was focusing on at work that I spaced that I was going to look at the schedule and take some shifts until after I got home from work. Maybe I will call on Monday and see if there are any shifts available still and offer to take some of them.

I hope all the fabulous readers (also the fabulous nonreaders) of my blog have a great day! =0)

1 comment:

Jonathan Hacking said...

I'm glad that things are going okay. I dropped out of the singles ward due to the fact that most of my friends with you being the primary exception had all left the branch and the whole point of going was to have a social life. Having 3 kids in a singles branch doesn't exactly make one popular, nor does being 30 make one eligible. Life is going well for me now and getting more exciting as developements happen. My 3 tasks in life are making progress, (education, remarry, and keep custody of my kids) so at the moment I am very content with life.